Goals of the 2011 Women of the Mountains International Conference
- To continue the coordinated efforts begun at the first Women of the Mountains International Conference (Orem, 2007), as expressed in the Orem Declaration of Mountain Women;
- To share knowledge about the global status of mountain women, with a strong focus on women in leadership roles around the world working to advance sustainable development in various sectors of activity;
- To mobilize the Rocky Mountain members of the Mountain Partnership and grass-roots level entities, including high-schools and universities to work together toward specific goals to improve the status of women and increase opportunities for leadership;
- To provide recommendations for the Mountain Partnership and Mountain Forum members around the world regarding actions to improve the status of women and to increase opportunities for leadership over the next two years.
- To encourage the next generation to support gender issues and sustainable mountain development (note: high-school and college students throughout state of Utah will participate in all stages of this Conference).
The Mountain Partnership is one of the co-sponsors of this event.